A delicious meal for a winter’s night filled with the warming flavours of Morocco. By speeding up the roasting process with par-boiling the veges first, you can whip this up in no time. A nutritious, affordable dish for the whole family.
3 carrots, un-peeled if using organic and cut into sticks
½ a butternut, sliced
1 red onion, peeled and cut into 1/8 segments
4 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tsp Moroccan spice blend
1 TBS olive oil
3 cups cooked quinoa
3 slices preserved lemon
a large handful of fresh parsley leaves
3 tsp pomegranate seeds
2 TBS coconut yoghurt
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Cook the quinoa as per the packet instructions.
3. Meanwhile, par-boil the carrots and butternut for 5 minutes.
4. Drain the carrot and butternut and transfer to a large bowl.
5. Add the red onion and garlic. Toss through the olive oil and Moroccan spice to coat.
6. Place on a roasting tray, and in the oven for 30 minutes, turning halfway through.
7. Serve up the quinoa with a generous helping of the veges, topped with the preserved lemon, coconut yoghurt, pomegranate seeds and fresh parsley.